The Knights 2 (complete)
There always seems to be an abundance of people in need of links as to why the asterisk after trans is transmisogynistic or just flat out unnecessary so I browsed Google for a while and found some good explanations about why we should stop using the asterisk.
- probably the most comprehensive post with a large amount of reasons as to why the asterisk is transmisogynistic and how many people abuse its usage
- the post above but with some insightful commentary and more info
- shorter explanation about the transmisogyny behind the asterisk from a trans woman
- the asterisk was used originally by truscum to ‘tolerate’ non-binary identities
- conversation between trans women and other dmab trans people about the asterisk (not to be added on to if you aren’t a dmab trans person)
If you have other links, add them! If you think there’s something wrong with one of the links I provided, let me know! Save this list and use it to explain to people why we should ditch the asterisk.
Some important reading for your Sunday!
5月発行の緑赤ごはんアンソロジー様 (http://mdakgohan.tumblr.com/) にカラーイラストを1枚寄稿させていただきました、アンソロに誘って頂いたのも印刷サイズの大きめカラーを描いたのも久しぶりで楽しかったです！素敵なコンセプトのアンソロで、実物を拝見するのが今からとても楽しみです、興味持たれた方はぜひ！
This semester I went to the White Privilege Conference in Madison, WI for my honors seminar about examining privilege. I made a poster about the behaviors of particular white female musicians who appropriate other cultures as a means of identity and sexualize/objectify WOC as a means of displaying sexual agency and social power. All under the guise of “empowerment”.
This is my take on the knowledge I found through seminar and readings, (esp. online articles) so in no way do I claim these ideas or concepts as my own.
some ship ask memes are just a little bit lacking so heres a new one
- who controls the netflix account and what have they dominated the suggestions with by watching
- who snores
- who has an embarrassing ringtone that the other calls them in public just to get to go off
- who sleeps on the top bunk if given the chance
- who plays the piano at 6 in the morning to wake up the other
- who has accidentally set something on fire by attempting to cook a birthday meal